The Connoisseur Concerto (TCC) High Tea

My life has been pretty hectic of late, what with coordinating home renovations and juggling demands of work. On a social front I have also been keeping busy – plenty of meet-ups with friends old and new – it’s been fulfilling but TIRING.


So I decided to take time off for some good "Me" time. I have never been a big fan of high teas but I think TCC might have converted me. At ~$15++ for a high tea platter (inclusive of a drink), what’s not to love? It was a great 2 hours of me-time spent at the cafĂ©, just sipping my iced latte, chilling out watching re-runs of SATC on my ipad.

Before I knew it, I had nibbled the high tea platter clean. It didn’t look like much but man was I stuffed! I especially loved the chocolate chip and raisin scones, served with cream and preserves – so soft and buttery – I relished every morsel. The savoury fried chicken (?) wrap was very tasty too, fresh and crunchy. I also polished off the mini chocolate cheesecake and the raspberry dessert in shotglass – sweet ending!

The location at Anchor Point was an oasis from the bustling crowds outside. It was busy but was not crowded, and service was prompt and attentive. Lucky me got a soft cushy sofa seat beside the window so it was a very pleasant afternoon indeed.