Breakfast in Hong Kong

... Was amazing. Here’s the report for my favourite meal of the day.



1. Law Fu Kee 羅富記粥麵專家 (G/F, 142 Queen's Rd, Central) – we landed at 5am and made it here right after they opened at 7am for some comfort congee. So simple yet so satisfying! The congee is silky smooth and they are generous with their toppings (we had the fish and pork liver).



2. Sing Heung Yuen 勝香園 (2 Mei Lun Street, Central) – this is a very old famous “tai pai dong” teahouse which took us a while to find. It’s really al fresco at its most rustic – read: hot outdoor setting, suspicious hygiene (turned out fine though) and run-down folding tables and chairs. But I loved it! Order the tomato, beef and egg with instant noodles, and also try the lemon honey crispy crispy (脆脆)



3. Australia Dairy Company 澳洲牛奶公司 (G/F, 47-49 Parkes Street, Jordan) – the ham and egg sandwich here was amazing! I wasn’t keen to join the long queue outside but I’m glad I did. Sorry for gushing but I really loved the thick and fluffy toast and the creamy scrambled eggs. They are also famous for their steamed milk/egg dessert which I am not a big fan of but my friends like it. French toast rocked.



4. Tai Cheong Bakery 泰昌餅家 (G/F, 35 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central) – I have friends who gush about the egg tart 蛋撻so I just had to tapao some back home. Yes, I lugged 16 of these little beauties 1596 miles back home. They were, in my sis’ words, “magnificent”. We warmed the tarts up in the oven and wow – warm buttery crust, flavourful egg custard filling which was firm but yet just a little bit gooey… I regret not buying more.



I miss the food already. Watch this space for my other HK food report.