Real Talk

I wanted to post some pearls of wisedom.... or at least some amazing idea that I was able to put into practice this week with photos.  I got nothing, kids!  I'll pass along my Lego addition page if you stick it out and listen to my pathetic tale :)
Some days, we are just hoping to make it out alive and with our students learning and still liking us.  It's one of the truths that few teachers will talk about outside of education circles.  It's hard to describe until you live it each day.  This was one of those weeks.  There was not one thing that I can point to and say, "Yep, that was it!  That is why I was so emotional, self-doubting, and heart broken all week."  It was a slow build up that led to a CRAZY headache and a 7:30pm bedtime by Friday night.  Most days I feel valued and that teachers have a higher calling.  I LOVE my job and am so grateful that I can guide students through learning and help them find joy.  However, I felt like a punching bag most of this week.  I've had worse weeks and have been fine.  I'm just overwhelmed right now- it'll pass.  I think it's the winter blahs finally hitting me.

Tonight, my hubby and I are having a date night, with our kids staying the night with my in-laws.  He's already asked if I can stay awake for both dinner AND a movie.  For him (the lamination-cutting king) and Italian food, I can do just about anything :)  So friends, tonight I will raise a glass to making a difference and pray for a better week starting Monday.

P.S.  Here's your math FREEBIE!

CLICK HERE