Little things make me happy...

I've neglected my blog or a few weeks, as I've been hard at work in my new classroom.  As I approached the room, I just had one goal in mind- to make our school living space beautiful, with clean lines and welcoming to my new friends.  I've been trolling other blogs, looking at everyone's cute and creative ideas.  I am so impressed by my fellow teachers!

I'm still unpacking boxes so I only have one picture to share at this point.  Truth be told- I'm all that ready to capture the process on film.  I have to share my sweet little bookshelves that I scavenged from my old kindergarten teammate.  They were originally slate blue (to match the ugly lockers in our classrooms!).  My borders in my room are a soft apple green and shades of blue.  Those pictures will come next week.  I just want to clean up more clutter (God help me!).  My new shelves make me happy.  I realize that it's not world peace or anything, but it calms me and I think the kiddos will just love them.  They are a perfect fit for under my white board that spans the front of the classroom.



The photos look a bit greener than in real life.  The color is actually a bit softer.  The bins from Lakeshore Learning it perfectly.  Don't you just LOVE when things fit as if it were made just to hold that item?