My Breakup Heels

My hair is too short and dyed to death already so a change in hair style is a no-go. Same goes to a body tattoo (anywhere), which I think is a really bad idea. So what else is a girl to do when she needs to something cathartic, post-breakup?

She shops.

Not just any shopping, mind you. These are the Swedish Hasbeens I have been lusting for, since, erm, forever. They are not available in Singapore so I had to get them online. The brand is so bohemian - handmade shoes, ecological materials and a never-say-die FUN attitude to match. I like this braided model which they say "will make you look like Sandy in the musical Grease before her total makeover." And I love love love (sorry for gushing here) the bright cheery yellow colour. Very appropriate, don't you think?

Yes, these are the shoes that I will wear strutting into the new era of my life. My Hasbeens are "super-highs" at 4.1 inches, but insiders (which I am now part of, yippee) say they are super duper comfy. SEK 1,731, inclusive of UPS - worth every cent!


Update on 1st July 2011 - IT'S HERE AND IT'S PERFECT!




Everyone, meet the new love of my life. Fits true to size. Luxuriously soft and comfy.

"The fact is, sometimes it's really hard to walk in a single woman's shoes. That's why we need really special ones now and then to make the walk a little more fun." ~ Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City