Limoncello Pizza and Grill

I like this new Italian joint. Valentino’s is still my all time favourite with Bruno’s a close second but Limoncello has its charm – not to mention great value, taste, and an excellent riverside location right behind Rivergate condominium. Yay another Robertson joint to hang out at.

It was a dinner to celebrate “the beginning of the rest of my life” – it’s a long story – and I had 4 of my dearest friends with me.

We sat at the alfresco area and it was nice, with a slight breeze, view of the river and nostalgic (think 80s and Tommy Page) music from the adjourning bar (looks hip) at a comfortable volume. We ordered the second cheapest bottle of wine at $58 a pop and it was pretty good.

For starters, we shared the antipasto combination dishes, and wow it was huge for $39 – large chunk of burrata cheese (oohh so milky), parma ham, grilled mushrooms, vegetables and salad. My only complain is that the bread they served it with was lack luster, no love there.

We also shared a parma ham pizza, the mascarpone cheese and mushroom ravioli and the seafood pasta. The pizza was really good! I like the good balance of cheese, sauce and chewy crust. The ravioli impressed us too. The seafood pasta on the other hand, was quite a disappointment, don’t order it.

The bill for the 5 of us with two bottles of wine came up to $50 each. Pretty darn good value if you ask me. Thank you darlings, for being here for me!