eReaders.. and Beginning Readers


As I was cruising through my blogroll of teacher-authors that I enjoy, this awesome post on eReaders popped up by Keri Powell from the Sweet Life of Teaching.  Keri reflects on an article recently published by The New York Times, Why Books are Better than eReaders for Children.

Keri
LINK to eReader blog post
 
Please visit her at her blog and read her thoughts on how eReaders are affecting beginning readers (and their family experiences).  Keri is so insightful.... like, I wish I had written her post :)  This has been a hot topic in my family (my nephew is entering 1st grade this fall) for the last few years.  Don't get me wrong, I L.O.V.E my Kindle Fire, but I'm a pretty good reader already :)  I can't wait to share Keri's thoughts with my lower el team (and family!).