Imagine It



One thing i really love about Flynn now that he is growing up is his growing imagination. He's 2 and 4 mths now, and it seems like everyday he's expanding the way he plays by imagining bigger and better things.


581505_365682450133952_202726653096200_936308_709201198_n_large

One day we were eating dinner and he had his sipper cup and his fork, waving them around above his head - or, according to him " Mum - they flying up in space! ". The next week he was making wriggly movements with his forefinger and introducing himself as " Mr Worm " or " Mr Snake " ( which would always get a giggle from him when i mock screamed at the snake in my house ). The past week though its been all about firemen. Every truck he owns is a " fire truck " and Fireman Flynn and Fireman Daddy and Fireman Pop have been out to numerous rescues to "make people safe ". I dont miss out either... sometimes i'm just back at the fire station, or on a good day i get to be Ambulance Lady Mummy. ( Mind you, every fireman or paramedic he has is a block from his Megablocks set - he doesnt own any action figures yet so he's even using his imagination to humanise a block! )


love indulging his little fantasies - i'm quite happy to be a red Duplo block paramedic, or to lace my thumbs together to turn into Mrs Butterfly. I love to ask him questions and giggle at his imagined scenarios: " Did Fireman Daddy to go a rescue? " once got a " No Mum - he getting a sam-widge for his lunch ". I cant wait to see what else he comes up with as he gets older, and whether a big imagination translates into a love of creative writing like it did with me.


Me? I always played " boyfriend/girlfriend " with my Barbie dolls, or took my Cabbage Patch dolls on trips to the beach. I dreamed about being an paedatrician when i grew up ( until i realised i'm not overly fond of either copious amounts of blood, or of study ) and imagined myself travelling the world. Even at 27 years old, i think theres plenty of imagination left in this old girl yet!


How about you? Were you a head-in-the-clouds imaginative type of kid?