First week lesson plans done!

Now that I have one year in first grade under my belt (and reading TONS of books & blogs), lesson planning is a bit easier.  Here is the first week will look like for my new batch of friends:
 




This is a Google Doc in Word, so you can absolutely borrow it if you need a change in your planning format.  However, please don't pass it off as your own (I will get sad).  In fact, this format is a variation of the work done by Jessica Meacham.

You will notice that for readers and writers workshop, there isn't tons of detail there.  I have separate binders for each that contain the unit and the scripts for specific lessons.  I write all over it to make it my own (my personal language choices or added ideas).  My principal knows that I have the binders, so it's not a big deal.

Many of the "back to school" or building communities activities will come from this awesome packet from Abby Mullins:
Fun with Firsties! {Back to School for First Grade}
 
Have a super Labor Day holiday!