Level 33

There is only 1 lift to go up to the 33rd floor of the Marina Bay Financial Centre and a bit of a wait. But once up at the "world's highest urban craft-brewery", the view is awesome.

(pic from is-asia-city.com)

There's nothing quite as surreal as guzzling beer, looking out at a view like that and feeling the (oh man, what a) breeze in your hair. It really helped take the edge off my hard day at work. Clearly I'm not the only one who feels that way because the place was PACKED with thirsty office types.

Purists will like the signature brews on tap - choice of lager, ale and stout. Me, I ordered the House Porter, a mix of stout and ale. It was good, yummy velvety balance of dark beer with a 4.5% alkie buzz. ~$14 a pint during happy hours.

I was hungry and wasn't in the mood for pub grub so I ordered THIS for dinner. Ain't it a beauty? Jumbo prawns, soba in lobster bisque with mango salsa! Admittedly a bit pricey at $39 but oh so good...

I have a craving just thinking about it. Will return for a fix when I feel rich *rubs hands in delight*.