Versatile Blogger.... me?



Thank you, Traci!  My sweet new friend from Dragonflies in First just gave me this honor.  What a nice way to end the week :)  So here are the rules....


1. Thank the person who presented the award to you and link back to them.
    I feel so honored that people actually read my blog-let alone refer it to others.  Thank you again, Traci!


2. Tell seven things about yourself.
  • I was in retail management before I had kids and went back for my teaching certification.  I'm not a huge fan of shopping (unless it's for books!), so it was like a slow torture every day.
  • I buy the HUGE jar of dill pickles at Costco and eat them myself- not all at once.  I love me some pickles!
  • I am eligible to retire the same year my student loans are paid off.
  • I compulsively label things in my room (and home).  I also make lists for fun.... I prefer bullet points to numbers.
  • I started college at an art school (ran out of money).  I switched to a university and failed the same math class 3 times in the business department trying to get a "normal" undergrad degree.  Sad, but true.  I ended up with an art history major and minors in art & business.  I found teaching when my boys were small and went back for my masters in education.  I LOVE the winding road :)
  • I love the way books smell when they are opened for the first time.  The sound of pages fluttering actually get me giddy.  I'm very torm between my Kindle and traditional books.
  • I have the best job in the world.  I have learned so much from my students.  They make me laugh, cry, sing, dance, try harder, tell bad jokes, lose sleep, and make my heart bigger.  I fall in love with each new group and feel like they are a part of me.  I hope they remeber me when they are adults and are reading their kids to bed at night. 


3. Pass this onto 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know they've received the award.


I need to go to bed.... I don't want to wake up with computer keys stuck to my face!  I'll finish my list tomorrow :)

Okay, all!  I'm back and ready to finish what I started :)

According to Ashley (kindergarten)
The Best Endings (all about books)
 
Teaching in the Early Years (huge amount of great info)
 
The Bubbly Blonde (funny & first grade)
Hopping into First Grade (under 100 followers like me!)

Tattling to the Teacher (love the title- first grade)

First Grade Shenanigans (great ideas & photos)

Trendy Tech Tips (K-5 resources)

Oh My Little Classity Class (first grade)

The Accidental Teacher (K-1 loop)

Sarah's First Grade Snippets (lovin' the pictures of projects & ideas)

Savvy Teaching Tips (very talented- primary level)

From My Mixed Up Files (grades 1-2)

Teaching is My Game (first grade)
Primary Paradise (first grade)

Now I must peel myself from the coach and get some cleaning done! :)