Additcted to anchor charts...

Hello, my name is Michele and I am addicted to anchot charts.  I'm not kidding.  One of my students brought this to my attention this week during Writer's Workshop.  My mini-lesson was innocent enough- punctuation.  My modeled writing was one sentence that started at the top and went all the way to the end of the page.... no punctuation, just the word "and" connecting every thought.  We've all seen this, right?  Any way, I made a big deal out of getting rid of the word "and" by crossing it out each time and adding in a form of puntuation.  My parting words, "So writers, today and every day, use punctuation at the end of your thought- not the word: and."  One of my little sweeties got up to go to his work area as I flipped the chart paper.... saying, "Why do I feel a chart coming on?"  Bazinga!

The jig is up- they figured me out!  Here are a few that I happened to take pictures of during the first few months of school.  The ones in my room right now are readers and workshop focused (I should probably take a picture of those too so I don't forget for next year!).  The reading ones came from McGregor's Comprehension Connections.  I LOVE this book as a suppliment to my county's worshop lessons.