Miss Read-a-lot

One of my new year resolutions for 2011 is to "read voraciously". Besides LKY's Hard Truths (which I will be reviewing soon), my list of books to read include many classics such as Wuthering Heights, the Great Gatsby etc. I don't like borrowing books from the library because I don't like the smell of the old books (sorry, a bit spoilt here). Buying the books would typically be expensive, but thankfully, I found this series of books from Penguin Books. I bought 10 (!!!) titles from Kinokuniya and average price was between $6-7 - SWEET. "Good quality contemporary fiction should be made available at an attractive price and sold not just in traditional bookshops, but also in railway stations, tobacconists and chain stores." Hear hear! It's time we all extol the joy of reading as a way of life. Even though the iPad is about the coolest gadget out there now and I'm lusting after one myself, nothing beats the pleasure of burying one's nose in a good book.