Black Sheep Cafe

I wish I had taken K somewhere else for the celebratory dinner.

Food was just satisfactory and the service was really quite jialat (I'm sorry but the two indian waiters didn't seem to understand English). The only redeeming point was that the limited wine list (only 5 whites and 5 reds) was reasonably priced. Overall for a bill of $115 nett for 2 pax, I normally would not complain.

But wait. This was the highly raved about place I tried to book 3 weekends in a row and failed to get a reservation. Sheesh, we went all the way out for this? Pardon me, but it was a waste of my time.

The baked brie cheese appetizer was nice but it was salty and it took them 20 minutes to get us serving of bread. By that time we had already finished the cheese out of sheer hunger, but we gobbled the bread down anyway. We then asked for 2 more servings of bread to while the next 30 minutes away before our mains came.

Duck confit was sheer disappointment. It was dry and unflavored. The crispy pork cheeks K ordered was a tad better but it was very fatty, sigh, so much for my long gym session in the afternoon. I wanted to try the souffle but it was sold out when I ordered it at 7.30pm (?!!).

Oh well, it wouldn't have been worth the calories anyway.