Kallang - Tanjong Rhu Run

Watching reruns of American Idol on the hamster mill are fine on weekdays but weekends, I like to run outdoors. I read this article a while ago and have been meaning to check out the recommended routes.

I'd normally just head to the old Kallang track to jog whilst watching cute caucasian kids attend overpriced soccer classes but today, I decided to try something different. The recommended Kallang - Tanjong Rhu route is literally in my backyard lor.

Weather was excellent and it was a nice run, with scenic views of the river and families having picnics (go figure) and flying kites. I simply walked from home to the Macs near the stadium and started running along Kampong Arang road, Tanjong Rhu Road, turning into Tanjong Rhu Place, going further out to the riverside and making a loop right beside the river. Thankfully they cleaned up the river, no bad smells! 5km was just nice as my muscles were still aching from the workout yesterday.

Happy Easter everyone!