Readers & Writers Workshop Organization

I have a confession to make... I'm an organizational freak!  I love me some organizational forms!  My teaching partners have called me a geek (but they enjoy the benefits!).  The main reason I stay organized is because I have a terrible memory and usually too many balls in the air (professionally and personally).  I find that if I am organized, nothing gets missed and my students benefit.  I can be a more effective teacher if I know the child's specific needs and am able to recall what I have already taught them and what they are still working on as a reader or writer.

This past week, I spent a lot of time analyzing my system and thinking about how I can be more effective in my practice during writers and readers workshop, as well as keeping up with guided reading times.  I came up with a few new forms and modified some older ones that I had been using to keep track of student progress and planning.  I also put them all in a binder, instead of my clipboard that always seem to have pages falling off.  As always, just having the forms, does not mean we will all use them..... my personal goal is to ALWAYS use them as a way to help my kiddos succeed and love reading and writing.

Following some advice from a friend, I am posting them on TeachersPayTeachers.  However, the first 3 people to comment on this post will get it for free!  Just give your email address :)  I will also have it on sale at TPT until Monday night (11/14/11) for $1.


Teachers Pay Teachers page