I am thankful!

I am so blessed! There are many things that I am thankful for this year. I have an amazing and close-knit family. I love teaching and feel like this is a calling- I just don't know what else I would do! I've been reading a lot about gratitude and thank God for every day that I am alive.  Inspired by the fun blog: What the Teacher Wants, I've made a list as we enter this long weekend of family and thanks.

1. What are you thankful for in your classroom?
    My books!  I've been working hard at collecting and purchasing 
    "just right" leveled books, as well as quality picture/story books 
    for my students to enjoy.

2. What person are you most thankful for?

     I am SO THANKFUL for my sweet husband, Matt.  We 
     celebrated our 15th anniversary this past October.  I am 
     amazed  that he stuck around me and my crazy- it must be 
     LOVE!  Matt understands my dedication to my school family 
     and even cuts out laminated card stock games while watching 
    sports on the weekends :)

3. What 3 blogs are you most thankful for?

    I have been inspired by so many amazing teachers in the last 6 
    months.  I was in a panic when I made the decision to move to  
    1st grade.  Without the blog world, I'd be lost!  Here are a few 
    of my favorites:



4. What guilty pleasure are you most thankful for? 

    I love my Kindle and enjoy reading trashy vampire romance  
    novels.  At least on my Kindle no one will see the cover and 
    make fun of me!  Do I understand that this is mind candy?  Yes!  
    However, I do read a lot of professional books and popular 
    novels too.  This is my escape when family and work gets 
    overwhelming..... and it keeps me from eating sour cream n' 
    cheddar Ruffles!

5. What are you most thankful for?

    I am most thankful that I have been blessed with a wonderful    
    family.  My parents, brother, sweet sisters-in-law, my brother-
    in-law, grandparents and extended family (I see them all too 
    regularly!) have made my life better and love my children as 
    much as I do.  Praise God for the gift of my family!