Buggin' Out!

Well, I made it through the first week.  I haven't been sleeping, but I'm getting TONS done for my new group of sweeties.  They deserve the best :)

Over the weekend, I tackled the Insect Life Cycle unit that I have been putting off.  Can I just say that I do not care for bugs or anything resembling a bug?  This is HUGE for me.  I don't garden for fear that I may come across a worm.  I will buy my flowers at the store for all eternity!  I was literally gagging as I went through the huge picture books.  Must they get so detailed and close-up?  Can't one study them from afar- as I have for the last 36 years?  Anyway, I was given a binder of resources from my teaching partner (who is an earth lovin', farming, crazy for bugs kinda girl!).  There were hands-on investigation pages and booklets to make.  More gagging.  I took many breaks.... my bathrooms are very clean as a result.  I made this sort to add to the binder.  Truth- I used clip art so I didn't have to look at anymore photos!


    Today, I watched (sort of) a video all about different insects in order to give my class an overview and for some, get comfortable with the idea of our study.  Some of the girls were squealing just at the mention of the unit, so I put an end to that.  I bit the bullet (or nasty insect, as it were) and told them how amazing these creatures were and how I couldn't wait to learn more about them.  Sometimes, ya gotta fake it 'til you make it!